Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'm becoming my Dad

When I was a kid I helped Mom fold the laundry - well, at least once - and the only thing I remember is that we had to turn all of Dad's underwear, socks, and undershirts right side out. Why? Because apparently Dad wouldn't turn them right side out before he wore them. Clearly Dad must have suffered from some disorder, right? I mean, come on...how hard is it to check that?

Twice this week I've gone out with one sock inside out. I understand now that the disorder is called "children."

OK, so it's not the worst thing in the world to figure out while you're in public...

The next thing you know I'll be adding the phrase "turkey-butt" (as an expletive) to my vocabulary. (I'm actually trying, because it now makes me laugh, but it just won't catch.)

No comments: