Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year, for the first time in a while, we had a "Weight Watchers" thanksgiving. And I have to admit, it feels good to not feel gross after eating. Go figure. I know it's unAmerican, but what can I say, I HAVE to drop this weight (again). At least I'm down over 10 in a couple of weeks, so yay me!

I made up for the lower cal dinner by using our china, which we may not have ever used before...I'm not sure. If we've used it in the past, it hasn't been for a LONG time.

Anyway, before dinner we went around and everyone said what they're thankful for...
  • Sharon and I were thankful for having such a great family.
  • Ellie was thankful for having had a good year with Gideon and Mena.
  • Matthew was thankful for bananas.
Dinner was:
  • fake turkey
  • stuffing
  • cranberry sauce
  • asparagus
  • corn
  • gravy
  • meatballs for Matthew since I can't get him to try any of the other stuff even though I know he'd like it
Dessert:
  • pumpkin pie
  • cranapple crisp
  • whipped cream, which is all the kids would touch
We then went on a walk down the street to see our neighbor's inflatable lit up 6' turkey in their front yard. The kids gobbled at it for a while, and then we walked around the block while Ellie shined her flashlight right in my eyes, temporarily blinding me and making me curse the man who invented the super-bright LED flashlight.

Now we're back, the kitchen and dishes are clean, and the kids are about out of the bath. All in all, a great thanksgiving! Hopefully yours was great too!

No comments: